Engineers Professional Indemnity Insurance Online Quote
Engineering is one of the most diverse professions with specialists employed in almost every industry and involving a wide range of disciplines.
Professional indemnity insurance is a very important part of any engineer’s risk management strategy, and a valuable defense against financial loss caused by complaints from dissatisfied customers. It is a fact of business that you can’t please everyone and it only takes one mistake and subsequent lawsuit to destroy the business you have worked hard to build.
We can cover any kind of engineering activity, some through our online quote system that compares the prices of up to 10 insurance companies, and others through our traditional broking service through which we can access the best professional indemnity insurance companies and Lloyd’s underwriters.
Some of the engineering specialists that we can cover include:
- Air Conditioning
- Building Engineers
- Building Services Engineer
- CAD/CAE Specialists
- Chemical Process Engineers
- Civil Engineering
- Commissioning Engineers
- Construction Engineer
- Control Engineers
- Design Engineers
- Electrical Design
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Repairers
- Electronic Engineers
- Energy Assessors
- Energy Consultant
- Engineering Consultants
- Field Engineers
- Health & Safety Engineers
- Heating / HVAC Engineer
- Insulation Engineer
- Mechanical Design
- Mechanical Engineers
- Oil / Gas / Petrochemical
- Power Generation
- Project Managers (Engineering)
- Structural Engineers
- Sustainable Home Consultant
- Technical Author
- Testing and Certification
- Transport Engineers
- Ventilation Systems
If you don’t see your specialist activity here, it is not because we don’t cover it, simply that the list is already very long.
If an engineering discipline is insurable then we can cover it.
Our policies are suitable for members of most of the professional bodies and associations in the engineering field, some of these have requirements for members to hold professional indemnity cover, others don’t.
We recommend that members of the following organisations (not an exhaustive list) buy engineers’ professional indemnity cover, even where the body concerned does not make it mandatory:
- Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE)
- Electrical Contractors Association (ECA)
- Institution of Electrical Engineers (IEE)
- Institution of Incorporated Engineers (IIE)
- Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- The Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE)
- The Institute of Acoustics (IOA)
- The Institute of Structural Engineers (ISE)
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- The Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IME)
There are two very important reasons to buy this cover, even when it is not mandatory:
- The world is becoming a more litigious place and companies will not hesitate to sue consultants when their advice does not produce the results that management were hoping for, often a shoot the messenger approach.
- Many companies are now making the holding of professional indemnity insurance a condition of their tendering process and they will not hire any consultant that does not have a professional indemnity policy.
Additionally if you are self-employed, you should give serious consideration to arranging public liability insurance as well, to protect you against claims for injury to persons and damage to other people’s property.
We can add the following extra cover to professional indemnity policies:
- Public Liability
- Employers Liability
- Office Contents